Friday, August 14, 2009

Pasture Living

Zephyr has been enjoying his time in Gary’s cow field, just down the road from our house.  I’ve been leaving him out there unless we’re expecting heavy rain or a thunderstorm.  He has two other horses and 6-10 cows for company.  Every night, even if he’s going to stay out there, I bring grain for him and the other two horses.  They see my headlamp as I walk towards the field along the road.  It took a few days for them to figure it out, but now I think they watch for me.  Sometimes Zephyr comes running all by himself and it takes Rocky and Peyton a few minutes to figure out what’s going on.  It sure is nice not to have to tromp all the way across the field to get him!

Wednesday night, even though the weather was nice, Zephyr followed me back to the gate and very clearly asked me to bring him home.  (Last night, though, no such request.)  Funny boy.

Here’s a series of videos from the Thursday morning when I brought him back.

Larry, Moe, and Curly... all the shades of brown!

P8080725P8080723

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P8080724P8080729

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Zephyr... my girls would love to have a big pasture to run and graze in.

    ReplyDelete